It’s camp Week!!! What does that mean exactly?
That Means two things
- the majority of our children were at camp for at least part of the week.
- I am at our camper–Alone. It’s actually day four of everyone’s time away. and tomorrow it’s all over when hubby goes to pick up the last two kids at camp and makes the long drive west to pick me up!
This has been a different sort of camp week for me. Usually I come and read and write and write and read . There is usually a lot of writing going on. But over the last few months I have to be honest I have been struggling.
Struggling to know what to write and even how to write. As writers we go through dry spells. Once upon a time I could link a dry spell to not being it’s God’s word, But that was NOT the lease this time. This dry spell was different. So yes I posted two blog posts right at the very beginning of the week BUT that was a book review and just Kinda an easy post, which I love but I have not written a substantial meaty blog post in quite some time. AND I’m not sure why, and ya know what THAT’s ok!
So lets get on with my 5 Random Reflections from this week
- Here are the state of the children and their counselors when we dropped them off at camp! They look so happy including the random child who thought it was his job to photo bomb all pictures. How do I know that he said so!
This guy only did a half week of camp, because he already did a full week of special needs camp. He rocked it but he was ready to come home mid-week. Looks like he might just go to regular camp! He has made huge strides this year!
This is old hat for Ladybug. It’s her last year in this age bracket and she turns 12 in less than a week and a half *SIGH*
And this little guy…it was his first year at cam pAnd he had a ball. Minus the fact he over did it on candy and got sick BUT he didn’t have to come home.
2. One thing I didn’t mention above about my week at camp is I almost always bring art supplies of some form. The last time I was here I brought jewelry stuff and this time it was some water colors. For the last coupe of years I have been teaching myself via Youtube videos and the like how to use water colors. Todays break was a 20 minute art Challenge from the Creative Sparks ebook. I had to set a timer and do an art project in 20 minutes. a mama robin I have been watching all week was my inspiration
I have never painted a bird before so that was all new territory
3.Usually I walk away from this week away with a bunch of writing done, and a bunch of reading done. I almost become a writing machine and that didn’t happen. I told hubby about a week ago thatI was considering giving up blogging. For various reasons. But the biggest was that I was not sure where God was directing me. wWe discussed it. and then didn’t mention it again. But I knew in my heart That this week would be a defining week for me and my blog. And then I got to camp and for four days…NOTHING. Not one blessed thing. And then last night a couple of things happened. I started reading a new ebook. and I had a phone conversation. And then I woke up this morning late. and I read some more from that ebook and the wheels started turning. and my heart and mind were flooded with experiences and sights and sounds of 38 years in CHURCH. I didn’t use any specific example because it’s not specific to any one church. Unless you make it a cumulative American Church sort of thing.I have been in churches from Vermont to Utah and two churches half way around the world. It just kinda made sense. Check out that post here.
And then something else happened…I had an IDEA!!
4. For the first time ever I will be having a guest writer every Thursday for what we are gonna call Theology Thursday. So stay tuned. In the next few weeks I will introduce said writer.
5. Another thing that is different for me on this trip is I have this massive list. It’s kinda reminiscent of the concept of a brain dump. It’s a list making technique used to unclog your brain. And in all honestly I think I would really need a milk truck dose of Drano to unclog this think tank of mine! This list contains some pretty crazy stuff. Stuff that books suggested a question my mom journal thing asked that Got my wheels turning but still don’t have an adequate answer for and so on. (OH and things that the speakers said! Ha that promises to be an interesting post for sure!)
When it comes right down to it. I have grown. just not in the usual expected ways.
and lastly there is a big announcement coming in the next week or so. Some already know it, and let’s just stop some rumors before they start:
NO I’m not Pregnant
NO we aren’t moving!
have a blessed evening!